A Romantic Extravaganza in Dubai
If you’re planning a holiday in Dubai, the idea is obviously to indulge. Right? The city spoils you for choices of ways you can splurge. But if the idea is to spend a romantic getaway or a relaxed family vacation, I recommend Fairmont The Palm located on the iconic Palm islands.
Here are 5 reasons why I like it so much:
1. Breathtaking View: Stand in the balcony and you can see the vast Arabian Gulf in front of you and magnificent buildings framing the skyline on the side. The city comes alive in the evening when the buildings light up in different hues. I spent a lot of time in the balcony admiring the view. I am fond of swimming; the experience here was memorable for the view of the large water body from the pool!
2. A fairytale feel: The resort appears to have come straight out of an Arabian fairy tale. All Fairmont properties have local design elements. This one has Arabian influences. Makes you feel royal. Want to indulge further? Book a room at the Fairmont Gold floor which gives you access to the Gold Lounge, priority check-in and free butler service! Naturally, it will cost you more Dirhams. Also, not all the 381 guestrooms and suites offer the sea view. So pick room according to your preferences.
3. High Tea: The royal feel extends if you have High Tea at the Masharbiya Lounge. Experience the British royalty with fine varieties of tea, fresh sandwiches, pastries, et cetera (of course, at a price: 95 Dirhams per person).
4. Pampering spa treatment: I can give anything to get that spa experience again! I went for Desert Sand exfoliation treatment but you must try the Arabic Hammam.
5. Sheesha/Hookah: I am not a hookah/sheesha fan. But Sheesha experience here was outstanding. I guess more for the ambiance at the Seagrill on 25° Restaurant & Lounge. Outstanding!
Places nearby: Dubai Marina, known for its café style restaurants and al fresco dining alongside the Jumeirah Walk and public beach; Burj Khalifa, the tallest free standing building in the world
PRICES: AED 899 onwards (Currently 1 AED = Rs 16.7 approx) so Rs 14650 approximately.