When you can’t take a long vacation, think about a staycation. With hotels in the city coming up with attractive packages, you do not have to leave the city to really enjoy a weekend getaway!
Here are 5 reasons why you must consider taking a staycation.
But first, what is a staycation?
A staycation is when you take a holiday and become a tourist in your own city! While it might mean a stay-at-home vacation but then what’s a vacation without having to pack your bags? So, look for a hotel or resort that offers all that you look for in a relaxing holiday.
Why should you take a staycation?
1. No Planning: You don’t have to worry about train reservation, flight bookings and other logistics involved in an out of the city vacation. Just pick a hotel, book a room, and you’re ready to go.
2. Saves Times: The resort you pick would probably at max take you an hour to reach. So you don’t spend your times and energy in travelling and get more time to simply unwind and relax.
3. Hometown Tourist: Explore the joys of being a tourist in your own city. It’s a revelation! We experienced it in during our stay at Vivanta by Taj Dwarka. They have a tie up with Trails with Tallis, who took us to Mehrauli Archaeological Park and revealed several things we did not know about Delhi.
4. No offs required: Leave on a Friday night and come back refreshed on Sunday. With no travelling exhaustion, you’re all set to face Monday without taking a pay cut!
5. Save Money: Whichever hotel/resort you choose, it will cost you less than a holiday out of your city. Of course, you can make it grand and choose a luxury resort to pamper yourself.
Staycation Options in Delhi NCR
There are a plenty of upscale hotels doling out attractive packages for a comfortable weekend stay. We’ve shortlisted 5 hotels in Delhi for you:
1. Kempinski Ambience Hotel (Now The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel): Well, well, east Delhi has surprises too! We went here for a staycation this month and were truly enthralled by the hotel and its superlative hospitality. Luxury spa, finger licking food, swimming pool, activities for kids – it has it all. Watch this space for a detailed review of this hotel.
Weekend Stay Package:
Duration :- 2Nights/3 Days
Tariff :- Rs. 13000 + taxes (for a couple)
– Accommodation in a Deluxe room for 02 nights
– Buffet Breakfast at Café Knosh for two
– Credit voucher worth Rs 1500 per stay
– Sunday Brunch at Café Knosh for two
– Spa therapy for 30 minutes per person, once during the stay
– Late check-out till 1600 hrs, subject to availability
– Additional room for two children up to 12 years at 50% of the parents’ room (Breakfast inclusive)
[The hotel also has a special Taj Mahal by Moon Light package. Rs 27999 incl transfers to Taj via Audi A8]
2. Westin Sohna: Not exactly in the city but is worth it. The resort has announced special summer packages like this one:
Starting from Rs 6,500/- plus taxes, per room, per night!
– SuperFoodsRx Buffet Breakfast
– One Major Meal per day (Lunch or Dinner)
– 45 minutes treatment, once during the stay, per adult, at The Heavenly Spa by Westin™
– In- room Internet Access
3. Golden Tulip Chattarpur: An upscale hotel in the vicinity of famous Chattarpur Temple, this is perfect if you’re looking for a budgeted retreat. Pictures on the website look stunning. They have introduced a special Monsoon Package: One day package at Rs 3199 including breakfast.[Booking period: 15th June to 30th September, 2015]
4. Vivanta by Taj, Surajkund: We’ll be going here soon. We promise a detailed review after our stay. We are looking forward to rejuvenating at the Jiva Grande Spa and Vivanta trails.
5. The Gateway Resort, Damodama Lake, Gurgaon: Superior Resort Room at Rs 23,000/- net per room for 2 nights on double occupancy includes . Buffet Breakfast, pre-fixed Lunch & Dinner at Buzz (the coffee shop) and Taxes. Two adventure sports activities once during the stay.10% Discount on laundry, food & soft beverage. Valid till Sept 2015.
6. Courtyard by Marriott Gurgaon:
The hotel may not have that resort-ish feel but has everything to ensure a relaxing weekend. The current package is available for Rs 6500-Rs 7500
• Stay in our Deluxe Guest rooms
• Buffet breakfast at the coffee shop
• Buffet dinner at the coffee shop
• Free meals for children below 5 years
• Welcome amenity and a bottle of wine
in the room
• Free usage of DVDs and indoor
• Children’s play area*
• Baby sitter on request*
• Children’s activities*
Have you ever been a tourist in your own city? Know some more budgeted options for a staycation in Delhi? We’d love to hear about it.