The festival of colors, Holi, is synonymous with gujiya, malpua, and several other delicious but high calorie sweets! If you are following us on Instagram and Facebook, you’d know how we are in the process of a lifestyle change. With an increased focus on only eating healthy, we have been looking for low calories recipes for Holi. And so we got Chef Prem K Pogakula- Executive Chef The Imperial Hotel to share two of his favorite healthy snack recipes! Take a look.
Vegan Glazed Carrot with Pumpkin Seed and Oat Bar
Roasted Cashewnut – 75 gm
Roasted Almond Flakes – 75 gm
Tossed Oats – 50 gm
Tossed Sesame Seed – 25 gm
Raisin – 30 g
Dry Coconut Pwd. – 25 gm
Honey- 150 gm
Jaggery syrup- 180 gm
Brown Sugar – 50gm
100 gms Grated carrot boiled with 20gms brown sugar
1) Roast Cashewnut, Almond Flakes, Sesame Seeds, and Coconut Powder –put all together in bowl
2) Mix Honey Jaggery, Brown Sugar, and cook until dissolve properly.
3) Fold the nut mix in the above mix.
4) Fill the above mix in tray lined with butter paper.
5) Put the Silpad on the tray and Roll it to make even surface.
6) Rest it for a day and cut it to desired shape.
7) Top with glazed carrot and pumpkin seeds
Green Sprout and Low Fat Cottage Cheese Galettes
1/2 cup sprouts
1/2 cup low fat crumble Paneer
1/4 cup roasted channa powder
2 tbsp fine chopped onion
1 tsp chilli paneer
1/4 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp chaat masala
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Salt to taste
1 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
1) Combine the sprouts 2 cups of water and salt in a broad non-stick pan and cover and cook on a slow flame for 7 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
2) Remove from the flame and drain very well it using a strainer.
3) Transfer the cooked sprouts on a plate and cool completely.
4) Add all the remaining ingredients and mix very well.
5) Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a flat round galettes
6) Heat a non-stick tawa and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil and cook the galettes on a slow flame using the remaining ¾ tsp of oil till they turn brown in colour from both the sides.
7) Serve immediately with yogurt dip